Although the secrets of flossing may seem like a heavily guarded secret, the truth is that proper flossing techniques are well known and distributed within the dental community and can be told to you by nearly all dental professionals in the same manner.
Discover the secrets of flossing for yourself. Here are some of the basics:
– Always use a new strand of floss for each session.
– An ideal flossing session should last between 2-3 minutes with each and every tooth’s sides being reached.
– Wrap a section of floss around each finger, but make sure there is enough to give so you can move along the thread line as necessary.
– Always use a new section of floss between each tooth. To accomplish this, use a strand roughly 18 inches in length for each flossing section.
– When choosing the perfect dental floss, look for a thread that will not easily tear, such as single filament thread.
– If flossing is too difficult due to old age or muscle deterioration, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
If you think your smile could use a little extra work and would like to have a professional exam from our team at Complete Dental Care, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Martins Ferry, Ohio, by calling us at 866-471-4028. Dr. Robert Doyle and the rest of our team would be glad to take care of any oral health care needs you may have.