During the teen years, it is important to keep your teeth in the proper working condition with the proper oral health care techniques. As a teen, your teeth will be at risk due to a variety of factors, including peer pressure. Keep your teeth safe by keeping peer pressure at bay with these helpful tips:
– Get rid of mouth jewelry, due to the fact it poses serious oral health risks, as it can chip and crack teeth, break off and become a choking hazard, as well as enter the skin and lead to infections and disease.
– Given the fact that smoking and chewing tobacco often first become prevalent as the result of peer pressure as a teen, it is essential to avoid these vices as soon as they present themselves.
– Your smile is at risk as a teen due to contact sports and similar high-risk activities, so always remember to use suitable safety gear and equipment.
– When you are in your teens, the last of your permanent adult teeth grow in, the wisdom teeth, which are notorious for growing in erroneously and leading to malocclusions.
– Drugs can wreck your teeth, gums, and life as a teen, so avoid it at all costs.
For additional help, Dr. Robert Doyle and our team at Complete Dental Care are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Martins Ferry, Ohio, please contact us at 866-471-4028 to speak with a member of our team. We look forward to hearing from you soon!